Utility Company Programs
Snohomish County Public Utility District (SnoPUD)
- Weatherization and Heating Efficiency Programs: Cash incentive for customers who have electric heat and want to install:
- Insulation in their floor, ceiling, or walls
- Insulated windows
- A heat pump
- Duct sealing and insulation
- Ductless Heat Pumps program: With PUD help, customers with electric heat can upgrade to a ductless heat pump system that saves energy and money each month.
- Energy Challenge: When you join the PUD Energy Challenge, you will receive monthly tips and ideas via email to help you save energy and reduce your PUD bill. You'll also be supporting your community's energy-efficiency goals and be recognized as Conservation Sensations by the PUD.
- Low-Income Housing Improvement Program: Funds energy-efficient improvements for low-income transitional housing. Funded projects result in reduced energy usage, lower electric bills, and increased overall comfort and safety. Types of qualifying projects include weatherization, lighting, heating, efficiency upgrades, and demonstration projects.
Puget Sound Energy
Whether you're buying a new home, remodeling or just trying to reduce your monthly energy bills, PSE might be able to help with various money-saving offers on energy-efficient products and services.
PSE provides natural gas service to parts of King (not Enumclaw), Kittitas (not Ellensburg), Lewis, Pierce (not Buckley), Snohomish, and Thurston counties. PSE also provides electric service to all of Island, Skagit, Thurston, and Whatcom counties; parts of Jefferson, King (not Seattle), Kitsap, Kittitas, and Pierce (not Tacoma) counties.
Call 888-225-5773 for additional information.
City of Everett
Community Housing Improvement Program: CHIP is a HUD sponsored community service to rehabilitate housing for low and moderate income families in the city limits of Everett. Low interest and deferred interest loans for heating equipment and home repairs. Call 425-257-8735 for more information.
- Housing Authority of Snohomish County Home Improvement Loan: The Housing Authority's home improvement loan program loans of up to $60,000 to low-income homeowners who live outside the city limits of Everett and Bothell, but within Snohomish County. Health and safety issues, energy conservation work, and general improvements needed to make the house more livable may be eligible for financing. These may include roofs, foundations, dry rot, electrical, plumbing, heating and handicap accessibility. Call 425-293-0555 for more information.
- Weatherization Program: Provides home energy conservation assistance to eligible households all year long. Serves both homeowners and renters. Call 425-388-7205 for additional information.
- Energy Assistance Program: Provides one-time per heating season assistance in paying the heat bill for eligible households.
- Helps with all heat fuel types (oil, natural gas, wood, propane, electric).
- Provides grants ranging from $25-$1000 (depending on income, household size, type of housing, and heat bill)
- Repairs heating systems